Pages

12.01.2008

Hello December

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was very low key and casual. Jay and I took care of the turkey and the fixings and BIL and SIL provided the pumpkin and whipped cream. Everything was so yummy! We cooked a 20 pound bird which is big for only four people. I think we'll be eating turkey leftovers until the end of the week!

I didn't partake of any Black Friday or Saturday and Cyber Monday craziness. Luckily I don't have a ton of people to shop for this year or any year for that matter. This year the "kids" (ie. me, DH, SIL and BILs) are doing a secret Santa type of gift of exchange.

I'm so happy that December if finally here! I can finally sing Christmas songs freely and without shame! I have to say that I LOVE Christmas! Family, food, singing! I miss the big get-together that my mom's side of the family has every year. I have a large extended family and it seems to get bigger every year with new babies. With so many people in one place it is loud, but it is also so comforting.

With all the time I have, I decided to do Ali Edwards' December Daily album. It's such a fabulous idea to document everyday blessings and traditions of Christmas. I hope it will make this Christmas even more meaningful for me and Jay. I'll post the cover as soon as I take a stinking picture of it. Another fabu project is Tim Holt's 12 Tags of Christmas. I'm thinking of playing along and maybe using some in my December Daily. His projects are full of great techniques and are simply gorgeous!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails