Pages

11.19.2009

born to run

Over the years, I've tried to start a running program,but I never seemed to be able to keep up with it. When I started running again in May (after a year and a half hiatus) I didn't know where this new journey would take me. Would I love it? Would I hate it? Would I still be running in six months? I wanted to get back in shape and running was my only option since I no longer had a gym membership. I was skeptical because my previous running experience left me feeling unaccomplished and disappointed.

I am now in my seventh month and I'm still running. And I am even loving it! Who knew! I've definitely come a long way from when I started. I could barely run two miles without needing to stop. There were many days that I just didn't have any desire to run after working all day and would try come up with excuses not to run. With encouragement {prodding} from Jay, I continued to run. I still experience days when I'd rather just chill, but changing into my running clothes as soon as I get home has almost become second nature on my run days.

Now when I run I can feel changes in how I run and that keeps me motivated. Keeping track of how much my mileage has helped to keep me motivated too. I love seeing my totals increase over the months. It keeps me reaching for the next milestone.

What accomplishment are you proud of?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails