Pages

11.30.2009

post-turkey day

Over the Thanksgiving holiday I took a much needed "vacation" from the all things electronic and digital and loved every minute of it! I didn't text, Twitter, Facebook or check email. I only got on the computer once to prepare some flex spending claims I've need to do. So nice!

I appreciated every minute of my four day weekend, but lack of sleep and the cold made getting up this morning rather challenging ! I can already tell that it's going to be a long week. Still struggling to get to bed at a decent hour (read: 11pm) and the struggle will apparently continue after four days of late nights.

Jay and I spent Thanksgiving day at his parents followed by a quiet evening without Max & Sparky (they stayed with the in-laws; yeah, they are four-legged grand-pups). The next day we woke up to overcast skies and some drizzle. But we headed up to Sonoma anyway to pick up our wine and do some tasting at our favorite winery, Imagery Estate Winery. All I can say is 'yum'. After a nice leisurely lunch at Celadon in Napa we headed over to the Napa Outlets to do some shopping. I got some cute things for work and for play, like this super cute hoodie from Calvin Klein. (Might need to knit a similar scarf!)

We also decided to put up the tree over the weekend. While I was running on Sunday morning, Jay assembled our Christmas tree and pulled out the decorations from storage. Then we trimmed the tree after lunch. Fun! Love, love Christmas! xoxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails