Pages

4.27.2010

in the beginning

As a child my mom desparately tried to teach me how to crochet. Sadly, she had a penchant for doilies and nothing else, and my only reaction was to run for my life in the other direction.

Etsy played a big role in getting me interested in fiber related crafts. I would ooh and aah over all the wonderful (but expensive) hand-knits. And I thought, "Hey, I can do that!" So off to Jo-Anne's I went for the basic knitting class. I learned how to throw, but after a month practicing (and finding Ravelry) I knew wanted to learn the continental method. I turned to the web and found more resources than I could handle.

I am a mere a novice at knitting and have completed only two projects (with a third one hopefully in a couple weeks), but someday I aspire to knit brooklyntweed's beautiful Girasole. I am not a lace type of gal (see me running in opposite direction of doilies), but after I saw this I became on convert!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails