Pages

7.15.2009

Can I Just Have Some Time to Unwind?

Inspired by Jay and the Lupus Awareness Month I started running and lifing weights again a couple months ago for my health. Since May I’ve maintained a daily schedule of alternating run days and weight sessions. While I’ve gained, both in running and strength, I seem to have lost something quite precious to me: my weeknight evenings. Gone are the week nights spent watching TV, in my scraproom creating, or reading on the chaise sandwiched by two tiny dogs. No, my evenings now consist of working out, eating dinner at 9am (maybe earlier if we're lucky), packing our lunches for the next day, and washing dishes. When all is said and done, it’s already time for bed.

The weekends aren’t any better with household chores, errands that I can’t do during the week, and cooking meals for the coming week, I don’t get the time I need to just unwind and chill. Needless to say, I’m looking forward our vacation for some quiet time to rejuvenate my spirit. I know that sounds kind of corny, but it’s been feeling shabby lately despite the exercising.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails