Pages

3.01.2010

yarn hangover

Spent all day Saturday at Stitches West in the Santa Clara convention center fawning over and petting some of the most delicious yarn I've ever seen. {sigh}

As a Stitches "virgin" I had been forewarned about how overwhelming the event is and I mentally prepared myself and the good old pocketbook. I budgeted $150 for four projects which was completely unrealistic in retrospect. Not going to lie, I did go over, but not by a lot and only bought yarn two of the four projects, Sugar Maple Shawl and Green Gable. I also bought yarn and patterns for Clara (too cute!) and Overhill shawl (not yet on the Foxyknits website). Counterclockwise starting with the bag: Mission Falls 1824 in Raspberry, Koigu PP, Miss Bab's Yowza Whatta Skein! in Merlot Shadows, Isager Alpaca 2 in Fushia, and Lorna's Laces Peppermint Mocha (made especially for the event).

But before I can work with any of those yummy yarns, I need to finish the Bunny Hop blanket (my second and LAST blanket) and the Ruggles scarf.



Iit has taken all of February to get that much of the blanket done. I should have know there would be problems when I attempted to cast-on five times and frogged it each time. I'm only on the second repeat of six! The rows are not hard, but one can get easily lost when one does not pay attention.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails