Pages

6.04.2010

hawaii

I am having a difficult time reconciling in my mind that it June. I think, however, that I probably had a harder time believing last month was May given the totally ridiculous weather. Obviously, the highlight of May was our week in Hawaii visiting family and relaxing! Jay & I got out of Honolulu and spent a few days on the Big Island. We stayed at a resort which, for whatever reason, was practically deserted. Big plus for us; less hustle & bustle, more lounging. And for the first time, I didn't bring a book for poolside reading forcing me to actually get into the pool or lagoon to cool off. I had fun, but I think I missed out on a lot because I'm just not comfortable swimming.


We also did quite a bit of eating. A big part of being home for me is eating. There is something so comforting about the food I grew up eating. Every trip I look forward to getting a taste of the gastronomic abundance: poke, plate lunches, anything from Zippy's, Leonard's Malasadas, Garlic chicken from Mitzu-ken, Hawaiian food from Helena's, Chocolate Haupia Pie from Ted's Bakery. My stomach aches just thinking about it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails