Pages

8.14.2009

open letter to my knees

Let me begin by saying thank you: for all the support you've given me so far in my young life. From jumping jacks in grade school to the silly cheerleading jumps in junior high; to aerobics in college and my 20's. You've proven yourself a worthy partner. But recently, you've, well, um, you've been letting me down. As much as I gripe (which I haven't been doing a lot of lately) about running, I am learning to enjoy it. However, I haven't been able to enjoy it because I've been sidelined by YOU! First you hit me with tightness in my right knee which made it difficult and almost painful to bend. Then, simultaneously, you hit me with swelling in my left knee which left me unable to straighten it. I hobbled around for a couple days like I was 85 instead of 35. I rested you for four days, but after my run on Tuesday all the symptoms are back, although not as intense. I know I'm not young anymore, but I'm not old either. I still see many years of running and bike riding ahead of me. So I beg you to please find it in your heart to have mercy on me. And I promise to take better care of you from now on!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails