Pages

6.21.2011

re-adjusting


Five days post-vacation and I'm still trying to get back into the rhythm of my so-called life, and to a lesser degree the rhythm of working.  Always a difficult adjustment after a couple weeks relaxing and spending time with family.  Did I mention that it was in Hawaii? Sigh. Jay and I enjoyed every bit of our little getaway however short it was.

I gave myself the unenviable task of sorting through my things that I left behind when I moved back to California over 10 years ago. I should not have been surprised to find so much, well, crap. In the end, I sold a couple boxes of books (dating as far back as high school), donated miscellaneous knick knacks (why in the heck did I still have some of this stuff?), recycled what I could, and threw out the rest. Needless to say, my parent's recycling bin was full to the brim. That awful exercise was truly a great lesson in living simply! I did bring back a sweet treasure.  More about that in another post.

Off to catch up on my blogs! Hope the first day of summer treated you well!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails