Pages

10.11.2010

sew happy

For a long time now I've been wanting to sew on my layouts. The only problem, besides the fact I don't have a sewing machine, is that I don't know how to use a sewing machine. Just like crocheting I totally regret not having my grandmother teach me how to sew when I was a child. Yes, I am stubborn like that!

I decided to finally bite the bullet a couple weeks ago and signed-up for a class at Jo-Ann's. I wasn't looking to be a seamstress, I just wanted to get the sewing basics under my belt so I would know how to actually use a sewing machine and be comfortable with it.

Our class project was a simple apron which turned out to be really cute and super easy! (It could almost be a really cute skirt, couldn't it?) I was actually the first person to complete the project.

I completely enjoyed this class. I don't know what I was ever afraid of. Going into the class I had no intention of doing any fabric sewing, but I think I may have found another hobby! I don't think Jay is going to be too happy about that! I'm already looking for my next project.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute Char!!! I love sewing on my layouts....but maybe I should take a fabric sewing class....hmmmm! Food for thought, thanks for enabling! <3 Miss you girlie!

erin said...

This is beyond awesome, GREAT job char!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails